Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rays of Sunshine

   
View from Rare Bar
     This weekend was absolutely beautiful weather wise.  Saturday was sunny, high of 75, and breezy.  It was so nice out that I walked from 34th to 74th without realizing just how far I had walked.   I then put a towel down in the park and tried to get a little bit of a tan.  I just got a new bikini bottom from Cacao Bikini, a company based in Australia who specializes in cheeky bikini bottoms.  And anyone who knows me, knows that I love to show off my rear end.  The suits are a bit pricy, but the quality is top notch and they are very comfortable!

     After spending a few hours lounging and reading, I walked home and spent a little time cleaning my apartment.  I also took a nap because my schedule of working long days and then partying is starting to catch up to me after four weeks… I was actually sick this week but managed to bounce back after chugging some OJ and going to be early.

     Saturday night I met up with a couple of W&L friends at Rare Bar.  Rare is very close to me but I had never been and was very glad I did go last night because the views on the roof are amazing.  I'm such a sucker for rooftop bars and restaurants because I love to be outside and see the NY skyline.  After Rare we went down to the Standard Biergarten and then I went to meet up with some work friends at Ace Bar.  I ended up staying out pretty late last night and did not get home until after 5AM!  I also tried out the $.99 pizza place by me and was thoroughly impressed. I will definitely be making some trips back…

     Because I went to bed so late, I also slept very late today… and by sleeping late, I mean that my friend woke me up when she called me at 11:30.  After waking up, I called my Dad and thanked him for being the best ever, and then headed out for a walk around town.  I am very interested in exploring the Murray Hill area and look forward to trying new restaurants around me.  I then walked towards Union Square to check out at bakery that I read about having good chocolate babka.  On the way I developed a strong craving for a bacon cheeseburger.  The line for Shake Shack was obviously way too long, so I continued onwards hoping to run into some kind of burger place.  I happened upon New York Burger Co., a place I have never heard of, but was pleasantly surprised.  And they have the cutest little bags for their french fries!

     Breads Bakery did not disappoint.  When I lived in Great Neck I used to always visit a place named Bruce's, a place that my Dad used to even visit when he lived there.  Sadly, Bruce's closed last year and so since then I have been on a hunt for comparable babka to the one Bruce's made.  And I think I have found it.  This babka is a bit hard and crisp on top, but then very soft and gooey in the middle.  I had to remind myself twice that eating the entire thing in one night would be regrettable.

Time to go watch the season finale of GOT!!!! 
Happy Sunday :)

P.s. on Friday, on my walk to work, I went through Grand Central and saw a bunch of police officers and their dogs. I inquired as to the gathering and an officer told me it was for the dogs graduation from police training! Too cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment