Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesdate II

   
Kira with her lox and bagel
     I don't know how I do it, but I keep lucking out with the hottest dates on Wednesday night.  Tonight one of my best friends from high school was in town on business and so we met up for dinner and dessert.
Matzo ball soup and soda

     I had recently read about the resurgence of old world Jewish restaurants and so I was very curious as to what these might be.  One of the restaurants discussed was Ross & Daughters Cafe, which just opened up this month.  They also have just a deli/store on Houston but this cafe is on Orchard.  The menu look amazing and when we arrived, I was truly blown away.  The decor, food, and atmosphere makes this place a must visit in my book (or for me a second visit at least!). We shared the latkes to start then a classic lox and bagel as well as matzo ball soup.  Doesn't get much more Jewish than that! We also each had a ginger soda that was infused with lavender and very relaxing after this long day. 

The soda counter/bar
     After dinner we walked over to Big Gay Ice Cream on 7th Street, one of my favorite ice cream shops in NYC.  Kira loves the sweet and salty combo and so for anyone who also enjoys that, this is your place.  

     All in all, I had two delicious meals and got to spend time with one of my best friends. Not quite like the Wednesday nights I had in college, but I guess I also can't really go out partying in the middle of the week any more! Growing up kind of sucks, but you learn to appreciate life other than partying, like good friends and good food. 


Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment