Thursday, July 26, 2012

Office Outing

Office Practice
Yesterday a bunch of people from the office went out on a golf excursion. A couple of guys even brought their own clubs, and in the stereotypical business office manner, we practiced our putting in the office. It was pretty hilarious watching some of my fellow employees try to hit a ball into a cup, but I'm just glad we did it away from the widows, otherwise there could have been some damage.

We headed to the real green after work on Randall's Island. I have never been there before but it was really nice and the diving range was well kept and also had a mini gold course and batting cage. We couldn't have asked for better weather as it was in the upper 70s and we also caught a spectacular sunset from the top of the driving range. Some of us were definitely better than others, and all I can say is that I will be sticking with swimming. Hand-eye coordination sports are not my thing.

Eric posing for the shot
Golf was by pitchers of beer and after hitting about 30 balls me and a couple of friends decided to retire to the snack bar. Chicken tenders and nachos made for a great dinner. Considering how little I actually golfed, I am strangely sore in my torso and forearms...

No comments:

Post a Comment