Monday, July 25, 2011

Love at First Chanel Tweed Jacket

  I have always admired the famous Chanel tweed jackets from afar, but this weekend I did what I shouldn't have and tried one on. For anyone who watches Say Yes to The Dress, you know that the number one rule is never try on a dress that is out of your price range; well I tried on a jacket that was not only out of my price range, it was far beyond even my credit card limit.
  Let me explain though, this was not any ordinary Chanel tweed; it is from their Spring/Summer 2011 line and beautifully embellished with hundreds of rhinestones. It was classic with a touch of glamour, exactly the way I like it. And even though I can justify that this piece is something I would keep in my wardrobe forever, at this point in my life, as a college student, I could never justify spending that kind of money. For those who are wondering, the jacket is originally around $8,000, but thanks to Bergdorf's designer sale going on now, it was marked down to only $3,000! ha. And there's nothing I love more than a bargain.
  But as it seems, life goes on and I will live another day without a beloved Chanel Tweed. Oh, did I mention that this jacket has a removable vest on top? Making it that much more unique, versatile, and fabulous. One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment