Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To the Point of Frustration

 
 For those of you who follow my blog, sorry I have not updated in a while. I promise a full re-cap of my past super-gay weekend. But tonight I am just too tired to write more than a paragraph. This whole 9-5 job is really starting to take its tole on me; I wake up at 6:15 every morning in order to catch the 7:47 train into the city, and then after work I either go to swim practice or come home to the gym. My days don't end until at least 8:00, at the earliest. And I know that some people have jobs that require them to work until 7 or 8, or even 9, but working all day in the office, and then having to work out in the pool or gym is just exhausting.  
  But anyways, so today after work I went to John Jay for swimming--tonight I also needed to go to the gym and lift because I will be gone most of the weekend for festivities (and coach wants me lifting 3 times a week and swimming 3 days a week). I looked up before practice the subway schedule, and in order for me to make my LIRR train home leaving at 8:19, I would have to catch the #1 leaving at 8:00. So just as the clock struck 7:45 and practice ended, I sprinted to the locker room, stripped, and threw on my gym clothes, still soaking wet. I then proceeded to run the 4 blocks to Columbus Circle and literally swiped my metro card just as the subway arrived. So there I am drenched in sweat on the subway, panting, but happy that I would make my 8:19 train home. I arrive at Penn with a few minutes to spare and snag a good seat on the train. I have my backpack and purse in my lap, and on the train I usually close my eyes and doze in and out of a light sleep, always waking up when they announce the stops. Well tonight, I just so happened to enter into my freaking REM cycle as we passed by my stop for Great Neck and I woke up in Manhasset. I guess it could have been worse, I could have fallen asleep on the weekend when the train only runs every hour and I could have ended up all the way at Kings Point, but still, I missed my stop. If I had only woken up 2 minutes earlier, I would have made it!
  So now it is 10:50 and I am beyond ready for sleep. Thank god we have a 3 day weekend coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment