Saturday, June 11, 2011

Even though I’m technically not from New York, having two parents and all of my extended family from there, I often feel like I am one.  So as a converted New Yorker (I was born and raised in North Carolina), it is in the contract that I attend a Yankee’s game. And what better game to attend than Yankees vs. Red Sox? I was able to snag a pair of tickets in the grandstand for $20 each, and luckily my best friend Natasha was back in NY (after only 1 day in DC for her new internship…) and so we took the #4 all the way up to the Bronx. Side note: If you ever want to feel like your personal space is being violated, hop on a train going to a Yankees game.
                Generally speaking, the temperature drops at least 10 degrees up here once the sun goes down, but let me tell you, the past two days, mother nature wanted nyc to sweat. Upon sitting in our seats for the first inning, we were so drenched in sweat that we could slip and slide back and forth on the seat... I’m just glad I bought tickets on the shaded side! So there I was, sitting with one of my best friends, watching a Yankees-Rex Sox game, and eating a foot long Nathan’s hot dog. It doesn’t get much better than that; except of course if it were 20 degrees cooler and the Yankees were actually winning…  But hey, it’s only pre-season!

No comments:

Post a Comment