Sunday, May 16, 2010

a quarter done

As my freshman year of college comes to a close, I am left with many memories and the anticipation of being back at home. I always enjoying packing for vacation, but packing up everything in your dorm room is much different. I have started a week early because I know how much stuff I have, but now I wish I had waited a few more days. Every frat party invite, every article of clothing, even the old food in my cabinet seems to hold some memory and makes me want to go back to that first week of school. I hate to leave my dorm room hall and the friends I have made here on Davis floor 2, but I have come to learn and accept the fact that change is inevitable. All you can do is adapt and make the best out of the situation. I will always remember the day I moved in, when my RA highly doubted that I would fit everything I brought into my room, and the moment I realized that I would be living on a co-ed hall. I guess I can look forward to once again decorating a new room and a new roommate next Fall, and hopefully making even more great memories. My first year has been everything I had hoped for and even more, I could never ask for a better university or place to spend the next four years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment