Monday, June 14, 2010

All for Tony





Last night I sat on the couch with my Mom and she flicked on the 2010 Tony Awards. Now, since I don't get out much to actually see a musical or play, I was watching to see who was wearing what. Over all, I was very impressed by most of what people were wearing, from mini-dresses to ornate gowns, everyone was looking their best. At 84 years old, Angela Lansbury didn't let her age stop her from looking great in red gown. Jada Pinkett Smith (and I have to note her husband Will as well who looked so handsome in his patterned tux) and Camille Donatacci Grammer followed suit in red dresses as well, although Jada's was much shorter and accentuated her toned body with large ruffles. I must say, that although I am not a huge fan of musicals, especially Glee, Lea Michele looked drop dead gorgeous in her golden yellow Zac Posen gown. Gotta say that her bangs worked perfectly with the look and her minimal
jewelry just helped to show off the dress and her figure. Cate Blanchett made a bold move by choosing a sleek and fitted silver blazer and matching pants. I must say that I approve of this look and her edgy bob--it really works for her and I would love to borrow that blazer some time. As for Naomi Watts, I was bored by her subdued nude/blush colored gown and black belt. Lucy Lui on the other hand showed everyone how to wear such a neutral color in her tulle Marchesa gown. And of course, Scarlett Johansson looked sultry and beautiful as ever in an emerald Elie Saab gown; it was also nice to see her flying solo from her Ryan. I can't wait to attend some sort of even where I can hopefully wear a gown like one of these (preferably the yellow Zac Posen).

No comments:

Post a Comment